MultiCast / SubNet Broadcast Not Working

I'm trying to add Sources using MultiCast or SubNet Broadcast and nothing shows up. I've tried adding from my MacBook Pro 10.5.6 and directly on the server 10.5.5 running the engine.

I can "Add Source Directly..." no problem. Didn't have this problem in 6.1. Using the latest demo before purchase 8.0.608.1.

Please let me know

Thanks

Dana

Have you tried with the engine installed on a different computer to see what happens?

What if you stop and start the engine again?

We have had users report similar issues and a reinstall of the Mac OS fixes it for an unknown reason.

Do you have any firewalls turned on?

• 6 months later...

I am having the same problem. I have the console installed on a laptop running 10.5.8 and the engine is on an Intel machine running 10.4.11. I have turned off firewalls, stopped and restarted the engine, nothing seems to help. I get this error message:

Can't access backup client xxxxxxx, error -519 ( network communication failed)

I guess I could try installing the engine on my laptop machine? I really don't want to do a clean install just hoping to fix this problem. Has anyone come up with any other clues?