Lacie 5big Network Disk - Subvolume error

I run a small design studio of 9 Macintosh computers. I have been successfully using your product over the past few years to organise my backups.

I currently have Retrospect V 5.0.25

Installed on a G4 Power PC Macintosh.

It is backing up a large external Drive (which we use as our server - connected to the G4 Mac by firewire) to a series of removable firewire drives. (On daily Rotation)

I recently migrated our server to a LACIE 5gb - Network Disk.

Which has been configured as a share available on the SMB protocol across our wired ethernet network. (It is connected to the Mac running Retrospect across the network - not via firewire).

Unfortunately I cannot define a subvolume from the 'share' which is available to retrospect.

I want to be able to pick and choose a number of subvolumes from the 'share'. NOT the whole 'share'.

I can 'browse' the contents of the share. But I cannot make a 'subvolume' of the share.

Can you let me know how I can do this? Would I need an upgrade to a new version of retrospect to achieve this? (I understand that the latest retrospect does not run on PowerPC - but I can change the Mac to an Intel one if I need to).

I am keen to stay with retrospect as I have found it a good tool to use.

But I need to make sure any upgrade gives me the functionality I need before I purchase it.

Any ideas ?

Stuart