Automated backups of individual mailboxes fail

We are dead in the water in regards to exchange mailbox backups.

To re-cap. We are running:

MS Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 Standard

Microsoft Exchange 2007

Retrospect Multi-Server 7.123

If you automate a script to normally backup 100 mailboxes, only the first mailbox backs up correctly. The other 99 say it was successful but nothing gets backed up.

Browse previous threads for details and others with the same problem.

In addition, if I restore an item from a mailbox from a proactive backup, it fails to restore the item in the correct folder. Instead it restores it to a root of the e-mail folder which is inaccessible by the client (in this case myself) via Outlook or OWA.

I need a time frame on when a patch to fix this will be released and I need it ASAP. Tried several workarounds and reviewed every KB article under the sun before confirming the bug.

mwhite@bradshawchristian.com

Instead it restores it to a root of the e-mail folder

This is normal. A folder is created at the root of the mailbox with the same name as the backup set. The data is restored into this folder.

Have you called tech support about the mailbox issue?

Have you considered using the recovery storage group feature in Exchange? Retrospect supports it and it is an easy way to restore individual mail items without doing backup of each mailbox. You must pre-configure exchange for this.

• 1 month later...
This is normal. A folder is created at the root of the mailbox with the same name as the backup set. The data is restored into this folder.

Then how does the client now access that data? Effectively, how do I restore a single piece of e-mail to a box so the client can access it within moments of performing the restore?