Suddenly: No tape or optical storage devices found

I have been a Retrospect user for about 5 years with minimal problems. Until recently I was backing up to an DVD+-RW drive. This drive was not supported, but worked for >2 years using a custom configuration. A few weeks ago I received an error (-102 trouble communicating) and no optical devices were visable using NT passthrough. The drive firmware was updated after the Retrospect problem appeared, and I reinstalled and updated Retrospect to the most current version. Here are some possibly relevant details:

- Retrospect 7.6.123 (with update & hot fix 7.6.2.101)

- Optical drive: TSST corp DVD+-RW TSL632D (not supported but was successfully configured in Jan 2007). Note: drive currently works with other software, can burn, rip and listen/view media

- Device environment: ID 0:0:0 occupied by Fujitsu hard drive, ID 1:0:0 not occupied

- Preferences>Handling: "Use ASPI" is OFF

Interested in any suggestions. There is a lot of material that is trapped in the optical disk backups, so I would really like a fix for this problem. Peter

• 1 year later...

I solved this problem by going to users\Application Support\Retrospect folder, removing

devise00.rdi

devise01.rdi

devise02.rdi

re-launching the program to going to configure>devise

Note: I am no longer a Retrospect user because of the problem I encountered trying to recover my backed up data. I currently use Deltacopy (RSYNCH), which does not lock data in proprietary code.