Restoring from recovered.rdb files

edwin.lau

Hello. I have Retrospect Express v. 7.5.252. I accidentally erased a large number of backup set (.rdb) files from an external disk drive and then had to painstakingly restore them using a file recovery program. However, when I try to restore my files using these recovered backup set files, it says that " The file belonged to this Backup Set before it was recycled, this file can no longer be used with this set." Is there anything that I can do to make these backup files work -- they contain all of my kids' baby pictures! Thanks.

I tried to do a full catalog rebuild, but I got the message, "The selected disk does not contain any Backup Set data files, please select another disk." I think that this is because I only have database (.rdb)files on the disk and not a backup set. I tried to remedy this by going to configure backup sets and creating a new one there, but when I go to do a catalogue rebuild it does not recognise this new data set either. Additional suggestions would be much appreciated!