All my restore points have gone?

MPDmike

I am using Express HD ver 1.1.127 with a Maxtor OneTouch external HDD. Tonight I was doing a back-up, but for some reason the computer froze on me and I had to hit the reset button. When I returned to start the back-up again I saw that there was a restore point entry for my aborted back-up - it had a red triangle beside it. I deleted the bad restore point and started the back-up again.

As soon as it started I saw that I had "0" restore points and I immediately cancelled the back-up. Previously I had 52 restore points listed. When I go to look in the Retrospect Windows folder I can see all my back up files are still there, but how can I now access them?

Is there any way to get my restore points back?

I'd rather suggest using a trial version of Retrospect 7.6:

http://www.retrospect.com/en/try/

Many thanks Mike, I will give this a try. The problem with Express HD is that there's very little in the menus to see what is going on inside the program. I guess Retrospect 7.6 gives access to more controls? What worries me is that I don't know what I did wrong that caused my restore points to disappear, but if I can get them back I'll be doubly careful not to end up in this situation again.

Mike

Just to let anyone following this thread know what happened. Retrospect 7.6 allowed me to rebuild the restore points catalog - took about an hour - and it appears that all my restore points are again listed and ready for use. So for his advice I am very thankful to Mike_Paris.

However, I feel a little annoyed that I went through the stress and inconvenience of trying to sort this problem out, when I had hoped that Express HD would have given me the tools to do this. After all, the reason I bought a back-up drive (with Retrospect software) was to make backing up a safe and simple process. I don't feel so secure now about the future protection of my valuable files.

Edited by Guest