Sign in to follow this  
pchinn

Exchange mailboxes are busy? Why?

I'm noticing a problem with proactive backup at one of our clients. We're backing up Exchange 2007. Retrospect is 7.6.123. The first and second storage groups back up just fine. The mailboxes have not backed up for a while. After doing some troubleshooting and forcing the script to run, I figured out that it's not running because "the source is in use." What program/process is causing the mailboxes to be busy, but not affecting the storage group. The mailboxes used to backup without any problems.

Just an update on this. I've run into this problem with three different clients since my first post. One is running Exchange 2007 and the others are running 2003. One of the clients is running an older version of Retrospect 7.6. I was able to resolve the problem with one client by adding all the mailboxes to the script individually and forcing the script to run. Once that happened it successfully backed up the mailbox group. I don't have any idea what is causing this though and would appreciate any help.