Definitive Answer Please

I have a client with an atto SAS attached Ultrium LTO4 (mac version/retrospect version NA). We're seeing some errors come up in a recatalog and searching the forum, I see others have had the : "Backup set format inconsistency", error. However, no one has directly addressed it. Could I get a definitive definition on that specific error code, possible ramifications for the catalog and possible solutions?

Thanks.

Contact EMC Retrospect support

If you are trying to get a definitive answer, this is probably not the place. These forums are pretty much user-to-user:

Forum Rules / Terms of Use

I would try to give you an answer but our Xserve has an ATTO dual-channel SCSI card (UL4D), not SAS, and I've never seen this error with Retrospect 2.0 and up.

Russ

Okay, I'm not trying to find the holy grail here. It's just that searching for this particular issue uncovers several instances in which it was mentioned in passing, only to be diverted by either issues in the post or the replies that fell back on copy paste answers.

Using the retrospect support resource knowledge base yields less than satisfactory results. I'm unwilling to pay the pay as you go rates for less than guaranteed performance in answers. I've done that route with other clients and have had mixed results with the satisfaction of resolution to various issues. I'd be willing to pay after my issue was resolved, but not tossing money out there and then having to keep kicking to get a workable fix. Here's to 8.0 making life easier, and no, there's no sarcasm in that.

I appreciate your reply, nonetheless.