I've used Retrospect for years and thought I understood the product but I'm thouroughly confused about what's needed to run under Jaguar.

I've got Retrospect Desktop 5.0.205. Do I have to install Retrospect Client to be able to run under OS X v10.2? If so, why do I need Retrospect Client when I'm only backing up my local desktop? If I need the client piece, is there a special installation since I've never installed it or do I simply run the installer from Retrospect Client v5.0.536?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In reply to:

Do I have to install Retrospect Client to be able to run under OS X v10.2?

No.

Dantz recently released some software that runs under OS X 10.2. This happens to be the Client software.

The Retrospect Application currently has issues running under 10.2, and Dantz has not yet released an updated version of the application.

5.0.205 will run, but will not auto launch to run scheduled scripts. If the program is already running, scheduled scripts will run. Immediate Backups work fine.

Dave

No, you don't need to install the Retrospect Client unless you want to back up your machine from another computer.

Dantz says Retro 5.0 won't work perfectly with Jaguar. I'm running it with no problems, even though I'm backing up to a SCSI tape drive connected to an Adaptec 2930 card which is allegedly not supported under 10.2! The only thing I know doesn't work is automatic backup-- the routine that launches Retrospect at a specific time crashes under 10.2. I don't care 'cause I don't do auto backups...

Archived