Retrospect Express HD will not work

gilbert1

My 500GB LaCie d2 Quadra no longer is able to perform a backup. The LaCie disk is visible as drive F and is connected using

the eSATA interface. The file format is NTFS.

When I open Retrospect Express HD version 2.5, it hangs with the Welcome to Retrospect Express

HD window showing the following: "Updating status..." and 0 restore points available. The

Setup, Restore, On and Off buttons are grayed out.

I have Norton 360 version 2.5.05 running. I have tried disconnecting from the internet and

turning off the firewall, but it had no effect on fixing the problem with Retrospect Express

HD.

The operating system is Microsoft XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

I have Microsoft.NET Framework version 3.5 installed.

Do you have a fix for the this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing exactly the same problem.

After upgrading to Vista I uninstalled my old version of Retrospect Express HD (V2.x) and reinstalled with V2.5.

My drive is also a LaCie 500Gb Quadra D2 but using the firewire interface. Windows recognises it as Drive K and I can access the data on it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Further to the above; On checking with Process Explorer it shows RetroExpress.exe running but shows it not to be using any CPU resources, implying that it is not even attempting to find the drive or backup/restore points

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with a Maxtor OneTouch III

I guess it has nothing to do with the hardware.

I read it might have something to do with the .NET version, but as far as I know I use the version that came on the Maxtor CD.

I have had trouble like this before with Retrospect Express HD. If there is no solution soon I will look for some other product, because I cannot have backup software that stops working.

Frank.

I have this same problem with a maxtor oneTouch II that came with express backup HD 1. I have a serious problem because I recently lost everything and now I can't access the backup data I thought I had. I emailed tech support with no reply.

Edited by Guest

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem with a Maxtor One Touch 2 drive. I reinstalled the Retrospect HD software, downloaded and installed HD 1.1 update, now all I get is updating status, zero restore points available. Running an upgrade to Windows 7. Kinda worried that this 4 year old hard drive's software has just been abandoned.

Edited by Guest