Full System Restore

richpasco

I'm running Retrospect Express HD 2.0.214 under Windows 2000.

My C: hard disk failed completely. I have a new blank one straight out of the box. Just before the old failed, I did a complete backup on C: using Retrospect Express. Now, how can I fully restore that disk, including operating system and it installed applications, to the new disk?

I have experience restoring one file at a time but have not yet restored a full system. Please advise.

- Rich

Edited by Guest

Now, how can I fully restore that disk, including operating system and it installed applications, to the new disk?

Please advise.

Have you read the documentation that tells how to do this?

Retrospect Express 2.0 Users Guide

The instructions on page 29, and especially the paragraph at the bottom of page 29, may be helpful.

Russ

Have you read the documentation that tells how to do this?

Retrospect Express 2.0 Users Guide

The instructions on page 29, and especially the paragraph at the bottom of page 29, may be helpful.

Russ

Thanks for the pointer, Russ. That looks like what I'm looking for! :happy: I'll give it a try and post back here later how it worked for me.

I'll give it a try and post back here later how it worked for me.

Luckily, I was able to get my old drive spinning one more time and do a direct disk-to-disk copy, so I didn't need to restore from Retrospect. I have, however, printed out the User's Guide for future reference. (Yesterday, my only copy was on the failed drive--not a good situation. :confused2: )

Thanks again for your help.

- Rich