Can't delete restore points

DennisG

Hi,

I have a new Intel SS4200-e NAS box that came with Express HD 2.1 backup software. I'm running on Vista Ultimate. I'm trying to change from RAID 0 to RAID 5, but in order to do that, I have to delete all of the data in all of the shares on the NAS box.

All of the 20 or so attempts to do a backup of my C: drive have failed, but that's a different topic. The problem is that each failure has left at least one restore point on the share. Since the backups all failed, none of these restore points show up in the Express GUI, so I can't delete them that way. If I try to use Explorer to delete them, I get the message "You need permission to perform that action."

I've spent hours with Google trying to figure out how to get enough permission to delete these files, but even logged in as administrator I have not had any success. The Express software seems to have the files locked down so tightly that there is no way to delete them.

The rest of the drive is clean, but until I can figure out how to delete this last folder and set of files, I'm completely stuck. Any suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks,

Dennis