Restore procedures

jnarcn

We are using Retrospect 7.6 and SQL Server 2005 and have a nightly full backup to tape and hourly transaction log backups to a local drive on the SQL server which are then also copied to another machine. In testing, I can do a restore fine of the full backup from tape, but I dont see how to restore the full and then apply the log backups up to a point in time. I've done it many times directly in SQL Server but this is the first time I've used Retrospect. Can you tell me what the procedure is to restore to a point in time? Also, with the log backups on another machine, do I need to copy them back to the original backup location? Thanks,

John

I thought that also, but when I tried a restore by picking a transaction log from the list of Database Snapshots, the Restore Database button was still disabled. The option to restore any necessary differentials, etc was checked. I'm sure I'm just missing something.

• 3 months later...