No mailboxes in the Exchange Mailbox Volume

ftc

Retrospect (ver. 7.6.11) isn't seeing any of the individual mailboxes, only the First Storage Group and the empty Exchange Mailboxes.

I am using a RBU user account which is a member of the Administrators, Backup Operators, Domain Admin, Domain Users and Enterprise Admin groups.

I can send and receive from the RBU account and it is not hidden from the Global Address List.

The exchange server name is the same as the computer name.

The log entry I get when I back up the Exchange Mailboxes volume is "Container Exchange Mailboxes was empty (had no volumes)... script error: no source volumes specified."

I read in another post to see what happened when NT Backup was used and I didn't see any individual mailboxes there either... should I have?

Any ideas?

Thanks

This happened to me today. I was logging in to my server remotely with an admin account. I set my security preferences in Retrospect to always run as my back up operator, but because I was logged in to the server with my admin account the individual mailboxes were missing. Thus they would not back up. I was able to correct the problem by logging in to the server remotely as my back up operator.

Typically, this is a permissions error. You can try to log on via OWA and see if the account you're using for Retrospect can access the other mailboxes. Basically, Retrospect logs into Exchange as the Retrospect user. Then it systematically opens each mailbox and copies the contents.

Your service account needs to have the same permissions you would give someone (think of the boss) who wanted to be able to see the contents of someone else's mailbox (think the employees).