NPS Database and Writer Backup Failed-error 1101

bdsa

Script on Retrospect 7.6.123, driver update 7.6.101 and hot fix backup advised NPS Database and Writer backup failed, error 1101. Vista operating system on Dell computer.

Also what percetage of external USB hard drive should I allocate to Retrospect backup? This is only purpose of external hard drive.

Help.

• 6 months later...

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I just started having the same thing happen to me and am getting frustrated!

I'm using Retrospect HD 2.5 on a dell vista laptop, backing up to an IOMEGA harddrive. It's worked fine for a year and suddenly started getting this error and won't backup everything.

Please post your solution if you have one!!

I believe my problem was that I was using a SQL database which Retrospect could not backup. Unfortunately I was not assisted by Retrospect in this instance. In fact, after so many years of frustration I am considering replacing Retrospect. I want a turn key application which does its job and does not require me to contact the company so frequently with problems as Retrospect does. This is not a user friendly product.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I have been using Retrospect for about 10 years and been getting increasingly frustrated with their support.  It appears to me that the support staff is made up of Mac bigots that have nothing but contempt for Microsoft and attempt to deflect any problem by blaming it on Windows.  I really need to find backup software that is supported by staff more friendly to MS...  To paraphrase an old adage; It is a poor technician that blames his tools for his failure to produce...  MS has it's problems, but other technicians manage to utilize their software much better and with considerably less complaining about the OS.

By the way, they never have got the windows in Retrospect to work correctly.  This panel is a good example; it's too large for the page...  Note to management: Hire experienced, capable MS technicians that want to work with Windows or abandon this software!

By the way, they never have got the windows in Retrospect to work correctly.  This panel is a good example; it's too large for the page...  Note to management: Hire experienced, capable MS technicians that want to work with Windows or abandon this software!

What panel?