LTO 4 compatible products

Hello -

I'm just wondering if there is a comprehensive list of compatible LTO4 automated devices that are known to work well with Retrospect for Mac OSX.

If not, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I have a budget that needs to be spent here before year's end and I'm looking to build a tape based back-up of our central server and our individual edit suites. We have an Xserve server running 10.5 server and with attached storage device list that include an Xserve RAID (5TB) and another FW800 RAID (6TB). I have a 4 port fibre channel card so I could utilize a fibre channel LTO4 device.

I was looking at an Overland ACRVault (#OV-ARC101012) - it was a couple grand pricier than I wanted, but I had a hard time finding alternatives. I would like to keep the device cost closer to $5k and it would be nice to stick with LTO4, but I s'pose LTO3 would be alright if a good argument could be made for it...

I don't necessarily need to stick to fibre channel, but if it is a SCSI solution I need to know which cards are definitely compatible with the device, the Xserve & Retrospect (as I understand there can be issues with compatibility...)

Thanks!

You don't say what Xserve you have. If it's an Xserve G5 with PCI-X, the supported SCSI card is the ATTO UL4D (which is what we have, works fine; the Apple Dual Channel SCSI card - really an LSI 22320 - does not; been there, done that). If it's an Intel Xserve with PCI-e, the supported SCSI cards are the ATTO UL5D and the ATTO UL5D Low Profile. Most people use the UL5D Low Profile.

Depending on what Fibre Channel card you have, you could stick with that. See the supported devices list:

Retrospect Supported Devices

Russ