Benson Gray

Unusually large Config75.dat and Config75.bak files

I have noticed that there are a pair of 3.4 GB files at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Retrospect\ named Config75.dat and Config75.bak. I understand that these are supposed to contain the Retrospect configuration information in a binary format. This seems like a lot of information for three simple scripts and one tape drive. Is there a way to shrink these or move them to another drive? This server is running Retrospect Multi Server Version 7.6.111 with driver Update and Hot Fix, version 7.6.1.101 on a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition with Service Pack 2 if that matters. Let me know if you want more details. Thanks,

Benson

It also contains all your client login info, the history and events tabs of the activity monitor. No way to shrink the file outside of maybe deleting the contents of the history tab. It also contains all database tracking details.

I just manually removed the history and events from August to October and these files shrank to about one gigabyte each. It would have been easier if I could have selected a range of events to delete instead of having to manually remove each one individually. A way to archive this information or move these files to another location would also be nice. Thanks for your help,

Benson