Retro DB 5.6 and Pro 6.0 client -- can they run to

awnews

I have a W2K PC running Retrospect DB 5.6. It's doing a nightly incremental backup of its entire C: to a second local drive.

I just ordered a new copy of Retrospect Pro 6.0. I'm planning to install this on another PC (my "server"--just another PC dedicated to a few tasks. *Not* running W2K Server but just W2K Pro) on my 100Mbps LAN. The LAN now contains three total PCs (two W2K Pro, one XP Pro).

On the PC running Retrospect DB 5.6, can I *also* install a Client for Retrospect Pro 6.0 along with the existing 5.6? I'd like to allow Retrospect 5.6 to continue running the nightly backup to the local harddrive while using Retrospect 6.0 (with clients) to run a weekly backup from that PC (as well as the others) to a shared server harddrive on the LAN.

No, I don't want to install two clients on the same PC.

I'm currently running the full Retro DB 5.6 app on a PC. It's running it's own scheduled backups nightly. What I want to do is install an additional client 6.0 app on this PC and then use Retrospect Pro 6.0 running on another PC to run additional schedules backups (e.g weekly) via the newly installed 6.0 client.

Archived