Multiple errors during normal backup

tinwoodman

Recently, my Retrospect backup logs show from two to ten or more error messages in the copying phase of the form

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins\": can't read security information, error -1101 (file/directory not found) (preceded by a red >)

followed by hundreds of similar error messages preceded by a yellow triangular warning symbol in the comparison phase.

There are also sometimes error -1102 and error -1104 messages, or a cryptic

TPCFile::BackupReadOpen: UCreateFile failed, \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Corel\PerfectExpert\12\Custom WP Templates, winerr 55, error -1102 .

Both the number of files so flagged and their identities vary from run to run with no apparent pattern. I can find nothing wrong with the files themselves. If my hard disk is failing, it is doing so without compromising other programs.

I have searched this forum as well as googled the web for an explanation. A Microsoft tech claimed that they were not Windows error messages. Any thoughts?