error -843

brianwil

We are running Retrospect 7.6.111. We created backups and backup sets with the same names for consistency (librarysever for example). Recently, on the waiting tab, we have been getting the message, "libraryserver waiting for libraryserver." This seems to hang up the whole process as the other backups (on the same execution unit) never run.

When trying to look at the properties of the client (Configure->Clients->Tools or Volumes tab), I get the message: "Can't continue using libraryserver, error -843 (resource in use by another operation)". Nothing I have tried (short of deleting the backup set and starting over) has allowed the backup to start running again.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

"libraryserver waiting for libraryserver."

"Can't continue using libraryserver, error -843 (resource in use by another operation)"

That happens when two scripts (or other operations) compete for the same Backup Set.

You don't describe what is running that might be using the Backup Set libraryserver, but that's where to start looking.

As far as I can tell, that particular backup is the only thing running. There is nothing else under waiting or executing and nothing else is scheduled (until the next day). The strange thing is that the running script seems to be waiting for itself, i.e. "libraryserver waiting for libraryserver."

Could there be something "hidden" running in the background?