Error -3043 (the maximum number of Snapshots has been reached)

fortressjc

Robin - Again we hear that term "corrupt catalog". Do you have any idea what causes a catalog to become corrupt? Most of us have zillions of non-Retrospect catalogs of one type or another on our computers and never experience "corruption". What's different about the Retrospect catalog that makes it susceptible to this malady and are there any precautions we can take to avoid it? Thanks. - Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not so sure if it's the catalog that's causing the issue. When I run the recycle backup (which wipes out the whole backup set), I still get this error.

This only appears to be happening to folders being backed up from the local drive. The network clients don't have this error.

Any other ideas why this is happening? The error is replicated below:

Can't use Open File Backup option for Quickbooks on Data (E:), error -3043 (the maximum number of Snapshots has been reached)

Thanks!

I am not getting any VSS errors in the Event Log.

I noticed that there are two Shadow Copy services running. One is called "MS Software Shadow Copy Provider" and the other is called "Volume Shadow Copy." They are both enabled at this moment. Should I turn one of these off? Do you think they're fighting each other?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! While I was looking through the Windows services, I noticed that the Yosemite Backup service was running. (We were using Yosemite Backup prior to Retrospect.) After disabling that service, I haven't gotten the snapshot error since.

Thanks again for your help, Robin!