Leopard problem with Retrospect and Qualstar Library

We have been backing up and archiving successfully using Mac OS X 10.4.11,Retrospect 6.1.230 (driver update 6.1.15.100)

ATTO ExpressPCI UL4D,

Qualstar Library TLS-4480 revision 2.25 with AIT-5 drive.

We tried upgrading the Mac OS to Leopard 10.5.5 and Retrospect is having trouble communicating to the Library.

The symptoms are:The Library ignors retrospect commands to load tapes, moving from slot to the tape drive doesnt work, scanning manually result only 4 tapes scanned out of 48...etc.

We reverted to OS 10.4.11 and all is well but we really need Leopard for meany reasons...

I tried contacting Qualstar but they can only help if I open support ticket with EMC.

Please help!

I tried contacting Qualstar but they can only help if I open support ticket with EMC.

Your first post indicated that you needed to open a support ticket with EMC, and I told you how to do that.

I don't work for EMC. No users can open your support ticket with EMC. Qualstar says they can only help if you open a support ticket with EMC. What more do you want? Your problem is not a "how to use Retrospect" problem that other users could help you with.

Russ

I don't know why Qualstar would require you to open a support ticket with Retrospect Support. Our support groups do not have a direct relationship (different companies).

Qualstar should be able to answer hardware questions about the hardware without you needing to talk to Retrospect Support.

Either way, we are at http://www.emcinsignia.com/contactsupport