VMware Issue

tomoy

Greetings. I have Retrospect Client 7.6.106 running inside a VMware 1.06 guest virtual machine, Windows Server 2003 2003 R2 x64.

The last two times I tried including it in my overnight Proactive backup script, it crashed with the below msg. What's worse, it takes that server off the network, so I need to reboot it.

"Faulting application retfwset.exe, version 7.5.118.0, faulting module retfwset.exe, version 7.5.118.0, fault address 0x00002f79."

The log from the backup server says error -519 (network communication failed). It got 2.5 GB before croaking the first time, about 4.5GB the next. I remove it from the script and the server runs fine for days/weeks w/o issue.

The host server, which is running the same OS/client software (but is a real server, not a VM) has no problems backing up.

Any thoughts/suggestions/pointers as to how to troubleshoot and fix? Seems like there might be some conflict, or configuration to do to get a VMware guest backed up safely.

Thanks in advance.

Tom