Retrospect user restore issue

Hi;

It has just been pointed out to me by a member of our staff that our User Restore system no longer seems to work. We don't use this system often as our staff are pretty careful with their files, however it did work fine before the 7.6 upgrade.

I have reinstalled the UIR via the preferences area in Retrospect and have also tried it by the Add/Remove programs area. I have checked IIS and all seems to be well, but when I go to the site I get the following error:

"Sorry, Retrospect has become busy and connot perform your restore at this time. Please try later."

Any ideas what would cause this and how to put it right?

Rich

I'm not rolling back to to 7.5 as I was hitting a God awful bug where missed grooms were forcing me to crash Retrospect which killed my config!

As it happens, this bug is still there.. i.e. you can't cancel missed backups!

problem1.jpg

Monday and Thursday have been cancelling for hours now!! :(

Incidentially, I'm a little impressed the user restore function could slip through testing without being picked up!

Rich

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Updating to v. 7.6.123 and restarting was insufficient. Afterwards, I also had to remove UIR (using Add and Remove Programs Control Panel) and re-install UIR from Retrospect's Preferences.

We're good to go now. Glad I looked here. Thanks.

(Win Server 2003 R2 SP2, ASP.NET 2.0.50727)