Retrospect 6.1 Removing old sessions

Hello All !

I've been using Retrospect 6.1 for a while to backup my Macs to files stored on a NAS.

Some of the backup sets have grown big over time, and I would like to trim them down without having to start a complete new backup set: in fact, I would like to keep only the last 1 or 2 months of backup in the file and remove everything else.

Is there a way to do this in Retro 6.1 Mac, manually or by script ? I'm looking for something similar the Optimisation Policy feature existing in Retro 7.5 Windows.

Thanks for your help,

Paul-Henri

It's lots of work to use Transfer, since I want to keep a complete restorable image of my disk, but remove only old versions of files backed up several times.

Let's say I backup my system every weeks over 3 months (12 weeks): that's 12 backup sessions in the file, and let's say it became too big and I want to remove 1 month of backups (4 sessions).

What I want is to remove only the older versions of the files that were backed up several times, in order to have complete images I can use for restoration. I cannot remove completely the 4 older sessions, since they hold the first base backup, and maybe files that were changed only once in the beginning.

Using the filters to manually select and remove these old versions is virtually impossible over a whole system disk because there are way too many files to check individually, since you cannot select by backup session.

That's what the feature in Retro 7.x does automatically.

But you're right about Transfer: I checked it before posting, and it would have been ok if I had only some big files in my backup set to remove.

Paul-Henri