UIR Error

Hello All,

I updated 7.5 to 7.6 version last week. till that date my UIR was working fine but yesterday i wanted to use the UIR feature to restore my deleted files, Webpage gives error displaying

'' Retrospect Server Busy, Cannot complete Restore Please try again later "" i am bit confused coz backup jobs are completed and activity monitor Empty .......i restarted the system thrice but no clue.......same error.

Can somebdy help me out ......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

All good things to those who wait (6 months). I have installed the latest release of Retrospect on windows 7.6.123 and UIR is working. Initially i just read the 'whats new', saw that the UIR problem was fixed, installed the server update and excitedly went to test it, but "it" still didn't work. I then went into Preferences->Clients->UserRestore and hit the 'Install UIR' button to see what would happen. It told me that an older version of UIR existed on my server (true - i'd forgotten it was an installable option) and then i manually de-installed the server App for 'Retrospect UIR' using Windows Control panel (Add/Remove Software). Then, with no UIR module on my server, i went back to the server's Retrospect GUI and clicked on the 'Install UIR' button (as mentioned above) and this time it refreshed my IIS "/myrestore" components and said all was well. I ran over to a client computer and went into our intranet "/myrestore" and it took a good few seconds to handshake with the Retrospect server (ie a good sign rather than the previous 'Retrospect is too busy for UIR' page, and then I found that my client snapshots were once again available for client-initiated restoration. Hoorah! So, i thought i'd write up how i got the new UIR patch working, in case anyone else simply installed the main 'retro server' update thinking that was enough to get the UIR show back on the road. Thanks Retrospect.