User Initiated Restore failed after update to 7.6

saramon

After the automatic Update from 7.5 to 7.6 the user initiated restore doesn’t work anymore. Error message in the Browser: Error, Retrospect is busy and can’t run the restore at this time. Please try it later.

(Original message in Browser (in German):Fehler

Retrospect ist mittlerweile beschäftigt und kann die von Ihnen angeforderte Wiederherstellung zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt nicht ausführen. Bitte versuchen Sie es später erneut.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

good news.

so if I want to use the UIR with version 7.6.123 I have to go to

a) the licence section below settings and delete the UIR licence, restart the system and then add the licence?

or

B) the preferences/clients/URI/ and click what? There is a "UIR install" button only. I don´t see an uninstall button.

could you please explain it a little more in detail?

thanks a lot

regards

Jan

ok I made a deinstallation of the UIR over Windows - Software and after that I made a reinstallation with the retrospect gui.

It seem that the UIR is now running, but on all clients I tested it I got the message that there are no backups available.

All of the clients still have backupdata. Why I am not be able to access the data via UIR? Is there a problem if the backupset is encrypted?

thanks and regards Jan

Hi Robin,

we use disk backup sets.

I tried the way you told me and I am able to see all my clients in the pulldown menu but if I select a client I am not able to see the backups. The textbox below the pulldown menu doesn´t contain data.

thanks and regards

Jan

Hi Robin,

I changed one backup-set to save the password for all access. After that I logged into the UIR with the admin option and selected the client of these backup-set, but there isn´t displayed any result in the text field. If I do a doubleclick at the text field I recieve an error:

in german:

"Es konnte keine Verbindung zu Retrospect aufgebaut werden.

Entweder läuft Retrospect nicht oder ist aus einem anderen Grund nicht erreichbar.

Mehr Details...

restoreRetroConnect:GetRoot(ciphmad01,) bei restore.RetroConnect.GetRoot(String clientName, String stoken, String snapID) bei restore.RetroTree..ctor(RetroConnect rconnect, String clientName, String stoken, String snapID) bei restore.util.initData() bei restore.getdata.SetGlobals() bei restore.getdata.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs ea)"

translation:

it is not possible to connect to retrospect.

either retrospect isn´t running or not available for another reason.

more detail...

restoreRetroConnect:GetRoot(ciphmad01,) bei restore.RetroConnect.GetRoot(String clientName, String stoken, String snapID) bei restore.RetroTree..ctor(RetroConnect rconnect, String clientName, String stoken, String snapID) bei restore.util.initData() bei restore.getdata.SetGlobals() bei restore.getdata.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs ea)"

As a test I created a backup-set without encryption and do a backup for a new client. The results are the same like I have described.

thanks and regards

Jan