Want to Delete Restore Points but Can't See Any Toolbars !

rhysonsax

Windows XP, Maxtor 1-touch 200GB, Retrospect Express HD Version 1.1.127

My Maxtor HDD is nearly full, so there is not enough room to do another back-up. I thought that the Retrospect software automatically deleted older Restore Points to make room for the latest back-up but that doesn't seem to be happening.

The Help explains how I can manually delete Restore Points and tells me all about the Restore Point Toolbar.

Trouble is, on the only Retrospect Express Window I have, there are no toolbars ! There is just the Maxtor name and the icons for "Help", "Minimise", "Maximise" and "Close".

I expect that I am being really stupid, but how do I get to see all the necessary toolbars and pull-down menus ? Is it all on another Window, and if so, how to I get to see that ?

Thanks

Rhys

PS Reading from other threads on this forum, I tried deleting the *.rbc file (actually moved it somewhere else). But when I tried to do a back-up, the program slowly built up to 72 restore points then got stuck and then crashed.

Thanks for the reply........

But on the only Retrospect Express HD Window I have is the one with Maxtor in the title line and "Welcome to Retrospect Express HD for Maxtor One Touch " It then has buttons for Setup and Restore and Automatic Backup On/Off.

There are no menus. no toolbars no nothing ! So I can't get access to the Restore Points to do anything with them.

Shouldn't there be a different "Home" Window with all the things I want available ?

Thanks

Rhys

Thanks Robin.

I have replaced the *.rbc file and tried to proceed as you suggest, but now I get:

"Retrospect has encountered a serious error:

Assertion failure at "atra.cpp-1048"

What's going on now ?

Rhys

PS I don't find it intuitive if you want to delete Restore Points that you would choose an option labelled "Restore".

• 3 months later...

I am also unable to delete any restore points.

I activate the program and it says that there are 270 restore points available.

I then click on to "Restore" and the popup dialog box appears, and there are no restore points displayed -- so I can't even restore back to a point much less delete one.

I look on the drive and find a lot of rdb files in the 1-RestorePoint7 file, which I assume are restore points. Most are very small in size, but a few are very large.

• 4 months later...

Robin--

you've given the samme reply 3 times...

I, too, am having this problem. Can't manually delete restore points from folder on hard drive and can't "see" restore points when i go into "Restore" on retrospect.

What else can be done to delete these restore points and start again?

• 2 months later...