MapError: unknown Windows error -1.017

For some time I no get the following error when I backup the system drive:

09.07.2008 20:56:59: Kopieren von Lokales Laufwerk (C:)

xpmlStoreMetadata: couldn't copy file "\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy158\System Volume Information\SRM\quota.md" to the state folder "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec\State\MetaInfo\writer0000\comp0001\file0000", winerr -1017, error -1001

xpmlStoreMetadata: couldn't copy file "\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy158\System Volume Information\SRM\quota.xml" to the state folder "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Retrospect\RtrExec.dir\Exec\State\MetaInfo\writer0000\comp0001\file0001", winerr -1017, error -1001

09.07.2008 21:30:05: Snapshot gespeichert, 630,3 MB

I have no idea what it means.

I recently tried a Disaster Recovery of the same disk/system and it failed. And now I am looking for the reason. Could there be a relationship between the error above and the failure.

The failure was that after the restoration of the Active directory and the system restart, the restart and login ran forever and never ended.