version 7.6 interactive services popup under vista sp1

drmcdona

Hi' date='

I am experienceing the same issues as everyone is descriving on this thread and i'm using Vista SP1 Retrospect 7.6.1111 I looked at the Knowledge Base article you posted and the "fix" from Microsoft, but i am just an "average" Vista user and not super computer savvy and the fix seems way beyond my capabilities. What should i do? :confused2: Could i cause more harm than good by trying to do this process? Will any updates to the Retrospect software be made to fix this issue?

Also,i am running a laptop with an external monitor attached for a dual monitor setup. When the "Interactive Services Dialog Detection" pops up, both my screens go nuts and my desktop which stretches across both screens looks like a big light blue screen across both monitors with the Interactive Services Dialog popup box showing on my 2nd monitor.

[/quote']

Bump for any responses? :confused2:

Hi' date='

I am experienceing the same issues as everyone is descriving on this thread and i'm using Vista SP1 Retrospect 7.6.1111 I looked at the Knowledge Base article you posted and the "fix" from Microsoft, but i am just an "average" Vista user and not super computer savvy and the fix seems way beyond my capabilities. What should i do? :confused2: Could i cause more harm than good by trying to do this process? Will any updates to the Retrospect software be made to fix this issue?

Also,i am running a laptop with an external monitor attached for a dual monitor setup. When the "Interactive Services Dialog Detection" pops up, both my screens go nuts and my desktop which stretches across both screens looks like a big light blue screen across both monitors with the Interactive Services Dialog popup box showing on my 2nd monitor.

[/quote']

Bump for any responses? :confused2:

I would like an answer to that too...

Will any updates to the Retrospect software be made to fix this issue?

Retrospect must have the ability to run under different user accounts, something that Vista complains about. Until the Retrospect UI and Engine are different processes, this problem will exist. It will be a while before this change happens.

My understanding is that running Retrospect as the currently logged in user will respond the way 7.5 worked.

I accept that the script should continue to run automatically in the background when the "interactive services dialog detection" dialog box opens.

Unfortunately on my system this does not happen.

I run McAfee SecurityCenter on my computer. Part of this program is "SystemGuard" which alerts the user when a potentially unwanted change to the computer occurs.

When "SystemGuard" is enabled, Retrospect scripts fail to run automatically in the background.

If "SystemGuard" is disabled, then the scripts will run automatically in the background.

There obviously seems to be some sort of conflict between version 7.6 and McAfee SecurityCenter, which was not present in version 7.5.

I have recently installed the 2008-07-12 release of version 7.6.

I am pleased to advise that the problems that I had with McAfee SecurityCenter no longer exist.

Regarding the "interactive services dialog detection" box, I still feel reluctant to 'tweak' the Registry as I do not know what effect it may have on other programs.

However, I am becoming used to seeing the dialog box popup - at least I know that Retrospect is running when it appears!!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry for the necro on this one...but what is the resolution.

I have a few folks that are seeing this occur. I know why...but not what do I do to resolve it.

Simply run as current user(allusers have Admin rights on the box.)...where can this be changed?

---------------edit add------------------

Of note, this occurs when the Client notifier is set.

It appears that when the 'Notify is no backup in X Days' is exceeded, the error occurs. (you may already have known that).