vista incompatibility with retrospect express

doublg

I am trying to install the software for my western digital external hard drive (WD Dual option External USB 2.0) on my new pc. my old one was running xp, the new one is vista. when i try to install the software (Dantz Retrospect Express) i receive a message stating that there are known compatibilty issues and that retrospect backup express installs drivers that are incompatible with this version of windows.

if i ignore the message and try to install, it completes, but my wd button manager is red and reads "backup software not running or responding" when i hold the cursor over it. the backup buttons on the external hard drive do not respond either.

does anyone know how to resolve this??

Thanks, I will check the exact version when i return home next week.

would it be as simple as upgrading to 7.6 via a download?

i'm confused about the HD 2.0.214 part.do i need to start with that?? If i don't have that disc am I out of luck?

i'm a "newbie" here so please bear with me.

• 1 month later...

I am confused. I have version 6.5 that I got with my WD Back up drive. How exactly would I upgrade to version 7.5 and exactly what is the name of the version? I had an XP machine that died and now have a Vista Machine. I need to get something to get my old files of the WD drive on to my new machine.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...

I used WD's settlement of Retrospect Express 7.5 and ran it. The computer crashed and 2 days later, Windows XP (Home Edition) told me 3 out of the 4 partitions on my WD External Drive were corrupt and needed to be reformatted. Stay away from this piece of crap. I complained to WD but only got boiler plate suggestions to visit their Help Website, which doesn't have any pointer available to any Restrospect Express 7.5 problems.