Deleted Custom Configuration

Howdy!

Ok! I messed up. My system was working fine and in trying to fix the issue where my DVD was not showing in the Finder, I decided that I needed to "Delete the Custom Configuration for Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 107D". I have spent 2 days trying to recover my ability to back up to DVD. NO LUCK! I can not locate any files in the TRASH that look like Retrospect files or that have a deletion time and date matching my GOOF.

Today, after installing Retrospect ver. 6.1.138;

Retrospect Driver Update, ver. 6.1.13.101, I was able to get Retrospect to successfully configure my E-Mac to use CD-R media.

I have been all over the site and have tried to download (ftp://ftp.dantz.com/pub/updates/rdu61.dmg) and have been unsuccessful. I believe that this file has RDU 5.1.103 which is the Minimum Driver Update that is certified to work with my Drive.

How do I fix, this problem, I know someone out there knows. Thanks for your assistance.

Mr. Jean Letourneaut

If your drive is certified to work with Retrospect then you should NOT be using custom configuration. Your drive should automatically display in Retrospect and be supported.

A newer driver is available then the one you are using. You should download and update to the current driver.

http://www.emcinsignia.com/supportupdates/updates/retrospect/

Howdy Robin!

I had been using Retro Version 6.1.126 with Retro Driver Update ver. 6.1.14.101 before my GOOF.

After I decided to update to Retrospect ver. 6.1.138

Retrospect Driver Update, ver. 6.1.13.101 and that is when my problems worsened. This version requires that I use only DVD+ instead of DVD- which is supported by my Drive: Pioneer 107D (Apple).

What do you suggest?

Jean