Vista SP1 Conflict w/7.5

randun

I'm running the latest version of 7.5 with all requisite driver updates, etc. Since installing SP1 I'm now getting the "Interactive services dialog detection window." The error is pointing to: C:\Program Files\Retrospect\Retrospect 7.5\UMIESOM.DLL. The error message states "This problem happens because of a partial incompatilibity with Windows." After clicking the "Show me the message" button, Retrospect does run, but after 30 seconds or so I'm taken back to the Vista login screen, all while Retrospect continues to run. Have others noticed this? Thanks.

What can I say? I relied on the software's update feature & the support section on the website. I did not find the file you're referring to when looking for updates to 7.5. Thanks for the tip! I'll d/l it immediately & report back if I still encounter any problems.

One last question...I promise. By uninstalling the previous version of 7.5 then 'clean' installing the new version I won't run into any licensing issues, will I? :_) I do have a fully licensed copy but ran into a problem before when I had a hard disk crash, lost email files, and could not retrieve my receipt. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Robin--

Well, after finally getting the correct version of the Vista-supported version of Retrospect up & running, Vista crashed again! I don't know if you recall our dialogue a few months ago when I had a hard disk failure, but I lost several archived email files, one of which was my purchase receipt for my licensed copy of Retrospect. How can I reinstall 7.5 & retrieve my licensing info from the config files?

Thanks much!

--Randy

I did this before and they could only find an old license for 7.0 or earlier. They would not provide any other assistance since I didn't have my receipt. That's when I started the dialogue with you & I think you walked me through some steps on how to retrieve it. Is there a way to open the config75.dat file? Thanks.

Currently, the config75.dat file is residing in Windows.old/Program Data/Retrospect. I've yet to attempt installing 7.5 anew. After installing 7.5 would I rename the 2 config files to .old then copy the config files from windows.old to the new installation, then restart Retrospect?

This worked. Thanks.

I seem to have a new problem though that I do believe preceeded the Vista failure. My original backup set when I went through the first Vista reinstallation Backup Set A/1-Backup Set A. Now another set has been created named Backup Set A/2-Backup Set A. My backup hard drive is now filled to capacity. If memory serves me, we discussed this issue before as well, either online here or by phone. With grooming set, additional backup sets should not be created, correct?

This worked. Thanks.

I seem to have a new problem though that I do believe preceeded the Vista failure. My original backup set when I went through the first Vista reinstallation Backup Set A/1-Backup Set A. Now another set has been created named Backup Set A/2-Backup Set A. My backup hard drive is now filled to capacity. If memory serves me, we discussed this issue before as well, either online here or by phone. With grooming set, additional backup sets should not be created, correct?