error -1019 (not enough resources)

Hi,

We are running Retrospect 6.0.206, and keep getting this error:

-17/05/2008 05:02:43: Copying Environments on RT3NAS2

17/05/2008 05:02:43: Connected to RT3NAS2

T-15: MapError: unknown Windows error -2,147,024,809

T-15: VssWEnumWriterMetadata: GatherWriterMetadata failed, winerr -2147024809, error -1001

Can't save Snapshot in Friday A, error -1019 (not enough resources)

17/05/2008 11:35:17: 1 execution errors

Completed: 480276 files, 41.3 GB

Performance: 112.7 MB/minute

Duration: 06:32:25 (00:17:46 idle/loading/preparing)

This happens on all BackUp Sets on every day.

RT3NAS2 is a NAS Server, spec is:

Windows 2003 Server R2, Service Pack 1, 1.8GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 135GB free space on HDD.

The PC that is doing the BackUp has the spec of: Windows 2000 SP4, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 4GB free space on HDD.

Error –1019 is my main issue here, the back up seems to get done, but when I go into the back up drive, there are no files for this server.

There are no other errors or logs relating this issue.

Any help in resolving this issue will save me a fortune in Prozac.

The problems happens on all backup sets, yet it is the same server that has this error, and only this server. I have checked the Event logs for the server (source) and the backup PC(destination), neither have anything in them that corresponds to the the errors, so maybe the catalogue files do not need repairing!!!........maybe???

The Catalogue files are on the C drive on the PC that we use to do the back ups.

Free space on the drive where the Catalogues are is 4GB

Is the C drive the same disk, as the disk containing the catalog?

If not, how much free space is on the C drive? You should have between 5 and 10 GB of free disk space on the C drive for each execution unit you are running.

We have a 500GB external hard drive connected to a PC (back up PC), all back ups are done on here, the catalogue file are now on another NAS Server, but it is not the NAS2 Server we still cannot back up tho.

The C drive where the catalogue files live have around 40-50GB free space at any one time.

We have tried Complete and Incrimental back ups, but to no avail.

I have used a different PC to backup onto now, I put the offending Environments folder at the top of the list, it is backing up just fine, and the log does not have the 'Can't save Snapshot in Friday A, error -1019 (not enough resources)' error, the log files are on a different drive too, so either the PC we were using has problems, or the Catalogue files need repairing.......what you think?

[color:purple]Well, the Recycle backup I did last night on another PC went great, not one single error that didn't have an obvious explanation e.g. open files, I am now rebuilding the original Catalogue Files for each member on the original BackUp PC, hopefully that should do it, I hope it does as I am off work all of next week[/color] :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: Will update here when I try it all out, maybe today.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, am I a happy Bunny!!!!!

After rebuilding all of the Catalogue Files, and looking through the Operations Log for last week, there are no more errors, so you were correct to say to rebuild the Cat. Files, many thanks for your help.

Gonna save a fortune now as I wont need anymore Prozac :):):)