Mac OS X files stored on a Windows Server

We have a share on a Windows 2000 server that Mac users store files on. The files are then archived with Retrospect. When they are restored, they sometimes show as Unix Executables and are unusable. We do not use the client software as these files are always stored on the Windows share, never stored on the Mac. Is there some setting we need to make Retrospect save the file properties correctly? Thanks.

OI_Group

RetroSpect is installed on the Windows 2000 Server where the share is located. The files are restored back to the Windows/Mac share. In most cases, the restore works but some files, like fonts, or Qwark, show as Unix Executables after the restore. This never happens until a file is restored by Retrospect. Thanks.

I think that may be the case but why would there not be a problem until after the file had been archived, then restored.

If that is the case, is there any way I could be sure? Shouldn't File services for MacIntosh save the need file information? Since this is a Windows 2000 server, File Services for windows probably pre-dates Max OS X but I would hope it would be updated to deal with unix resource forks.

Is there not something I need to configure in RetroSpect? THanks.

I've found that we have version 5.15 and version 7.0 installed on the server. I suspect that someone tried to update Retospect 5.15 and the installer simply installed the new version. Could this be the source of the problem? If I un0install v5.15, will that break v7.0? TIA.

OK, thanks for the help. I have found that when the user that logs onto the server and does the backups and restores, his Destop has a shortcut to Version 5.15. If he is using that version, is that why some Mac OS X files are getting corrupted? Was v5.15 MAc OS X aware? TIA,