restored exchange 2007 mailbox gives me corrupt calendar items

After a double power failure and Microsoft telling me that there's no way to recover from a bad .edb page, I started to push backed up mailboxes to the server. What I found was that every single calendar item in every single mailbox was missing a start date/timestamp. This makes the items unopenable and only viewable in a list view. I was able to get most of this data by exporting the cached OST calendars and importing the .pst files into the online mailbox. This has been really fun with 150 users. Is there anyway to see if retrospect captured the calendar data correctly? Is there any reason for this? Also, It would have been nice to have the option of merging the backup into the new mailboxes.

Needless to say, I'm not backing up exchange with retrospect ever again. For the moment it's NTBackup and exmerge. We're evaluating our other options.

-Liam

• Like 1

Have you tried to use the Recovery Storage Group? It may work better for you.

Are you doing a restore to the same exchange server or a different server? I have seen this type of problem if you restore calender items to a different exchange server or a different storage group.