Assertion Failure

MIKEMCENROE

I'm getting an error on Retrospect startup, the splash screen comes up and then I get

Assertion Failure at "tsynch.cpp-127"

I'm running retrospect 7.5.324 on Windows NT4 SP6

I've removed retrospect, rebooted and reinstalled and still get the error?

any ideas?

i've removed 7.5.324 off the server, and reinstalled it, there also appears to be remenants of 5.6 still on the server/registry

I am unable to uninstall the other bits of 5.6, is there a install cleaner tool that can clear any scraps of the previous installs, I'm hoping to clear the machine of any trace of Retrospect and start again.

though reinstalled NT is a non-starter for various reasons.

These guidelines came about with Retrospect 7.5. Retrospect 7.5 uses temporary disk space to cache memory during different operations. The more files and the more execution units, the more disk space you will need.

The best configurations are 2 GB of RAM and 5 to 10 GB of free space on the C drive for each execution unit you are running.

Try to locate the RtrExec.dir folder and delete it. It should be in the same folder with config75.dat, in your case it will probably be the Retrospect application folder.

Also, make sure you do not have 2 different RDU.rpx files (one that has been renamed to something like rdu.old.rpx)

Please try version 7.5.508 of Retrospect, download available via "Retrospect Updates" at the top of this page.

I've fired up my trusty NT4 virtual machine to give this a try myself I have attached a screenshot showing the error I get. Turns out this is because (there is a bug in retrospect) that can be worked around by installing the desktop update with IE4 before upgrading IE to version 5.5....