T-10: PtSend: cmd MbeF/msg RdBg: byte count 1079 exceeds maximum of 1024

In the last couple of days I have received the following error on two of our mailboxes. One mailbox is our CEO's and the other a catch all email box for the company.

T-10: PtSend: cmd MbeF/msg RdBg: byte count 1079 exceeds maximum of 1024

Trouble reading files, error -523 (service transaction error)

When the error initially occured I tried upgrading Retrospect to the newest version which is now as follows.

We are now using Retrospect Multi Server Version 7.5.508 with Driver Update and Hot Fix version 7.5.14.102.

I have tried unlicensing the exchange feature and re-licensing it within retrospect without success.

One thought I had was a possible corrupt email in both mail boxes. However I have been able to successfully open all emails that were received between the last successful backup and when it started. I'm also able to use Ex-Merge to export both mailboxes successfully to a pst file.

I also have 50 other mailboxes on the mail server which are still being backed up successfully.

I have seen a couple of other people mention an eror like this, but none of the topics seems to address the problem with a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Guest

Have you configured exchange with these settings:

http://forums.dantz.com/linkhit.php?id/104/

What version of Exchange?

Have you tried the latest beta version? It does contain some exchange changes.

Something about the message size or subject line is causing the failure. Corruption is still possible, even if you can open the email.

Just a follow up incase someone else encounters this problem.

I fixed the issue in our mailbox by having the user purge all their deleted and junk emails. After this the backup ran successfully which indicates that it was infact a particular email that was not be handled correctly.