problem with Retrospect Express after Vista update

wineshop

Good morning,

I have been using Retrospect Express HD 2.0.214 for backup purposes on my Vista Ultimate pc for several months and everything was fine.

After the last Windows Update on April 9th, every time I run Retrospect, at the beginning of the process, I get a message from Vista stating that a program is trying to show a message on Vista Desktop. If I click on “show message†Retrospect crashes showing an error message where it suggests to look at the file assert_log.utx for details.

Where do I find this file?? How can I fix the problem?

Thanks for your help

Andrea

Italy

That could be part of the problem, it may have gotten corrupted.

When you launch the HD interface, does it say "0 restore points" or does it give you a total number?

When no catalog exists, you should see "backup maintenance in progress" after launching the software.

Make sure you do a computer restart, if you haven't done one.

Buongiorno Robin,

I followed your instruction:

exit HD

deleted the file

launched HD

waited several hours for maintenance to complete (now HD shows 36 restore points)

but unfortunately when I run the backup I got exactly the same problem!

I believe it depends from the last Vista updates since before everything worked fine.

thanks again for your help

Andrea

Italy

so, I unistalled HD, restarted the computer, reinstalled HD, started backup, and ... same problem as before!!!

I didn't cancell the restrospect folders after unistalling HD, infact HD showed 40 restore points before starting backup, do I have to cancell them after unistalling??

thanks for your help

Andrea

Italy

What was the update that made the sudden change? Did it have something to do with .Net framework?

Its also possible that it wasn't the update but the restarting of your computer after the update that created the problem. When was the last time before the update that the computer was restarted?

-jeff