Server b2 cannot write to my DVD-R

This bug is with the b2 server app, not the client beta. It cannot write to my internal DVD-R drive. I have an aging dual 1 gig G4 that uses the Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW. This writer is listed as 'qualified' on the web site.

The current shipping version of the server and the b2 test release can no longer write to this drive. The last version of the Server that can is 6.1.126, and it continues to do so. I continue to use this server as my normal production backup solution.

Using b2 Server, I tried configuring the Pioneer drive using the Device Status> Configure option. It failed and reported that Retrospect Server cannot write to the DVD-R format.

If i try a backup anyway, I get an error message dialog, "Trouble Writing Media, Error 100, (Device rejected command)".

The problem has existed for awhile in the 6.1 *shipping* versions, not just these betas. I figured maybe it would be fixed in the betas. I reverted to the older version of 6.1 I mentioned in my first post the first time I encountered the problem. After all, I didn't care which version works as long as one of them did.

This is an old mac; the Pioneer does not support DVD+R. and there are no custom drivers. It's all stock.

The thing is, the Pioneer is on your 'qualified' list and it worked fine for years with various versions of Retrospect. I don't know what to do, besides replacing the Pioneer.