different creation date/time error

hostnet

• 2 months later...

Actually, I think there is a bug in Retrospect when used with a NAS. My setup is Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (source data), Netgear/Infrant ReadyNAS NV+ (destination), Retrospect Professional (Version 7.5.508, OEM Edition & Driver Update & Hotfix v7.5.14.102). When doing a Duplication from Windows Vista to the Netgear NAS, the source file's modification date is stuffed into the destination file's creation date. For example:

Source File Dates:

Created: [color:red]11/26/2007 6:23:55[/color]

Modified: [color:blue]4/15/2008 7:13:57[/color]

Destination File Dates:

Created: [color:blue]4/15/2008 7:13:57[/color]

*** This Created date is WRONG! ***

Modified: [color:blue]4/15/2008 7:13:57[/color]

Can you confirm that this is a bug and let me know if there is a fix for it? Thanks...

I have the same problem as emgh3 with my ReadyNas+ NAS storage device. I am using Windows XP SP 2 and the same version of Retrospect Professional. When I use duplicate, every single file copied from the host PC to the REadyNas+ receives an error for "different creation time/date". When these same files are included in a normal or reycle backup; none of these files display the error. This is very disconcerting. I just copied 654 .tif files to the ReadyNas+ and received 654 warnings. Anything I can do to stop the warnings and fix this matter?

File dates changing when duplicating to a non-Windows based NAS is outside of Retrospect's control.

If you do a "drag and drop" of the C: disk to the non-Windows NAS box and do a date comparison for every file, you will see that WINDOWS has randomly changed the dates on the files that have been copied.

Backup operations will not have this problem.

• 1 year later...

I have exactly the same problem with iomega ix-200 which is an EMC product (as is Retrospect)

This causes many (not all) files to constantly be backed up every time I run retrospecty and effectively makes the combination useless.

So are you saying that EMC software does not work correctly with EMC hardware and that's ok because it's a "windows" thing?