Ignore files / folder

FrontDown

I have my backup running on my win 2003 server.

Every night I get errors that 12 - 13 files cannot be backed up.

I know this is because they are in use, DHCP, WINS stuff like that.

I tried adding the path to each file as an ignore.

No Luck (used exact match)

Then I changed it to just the folder Still no luck. (used starts with)

Each attempt I include the drive letter c:\windows\..... Should I not have the drive letter?

Any suggestions?

Edited by Guest

I set to ignore: Folder Selection "Starts With"

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LServer

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\

and Subfolders

Below are the errors I Get.

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\FileTracker\{D833D1FE-B8E2-44DF-B556-A8BF94B04944}": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\default_user_class.dat": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\default_user_class.dat.LOG": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp\dhcp.mdb": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp\j50.log": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp\j50tmp.log": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp\tmp.edb": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\LServer\edb.log": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\LServer\edbtmp.log": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\LServer\TLSLic.edb": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\LServer\tmp.edb": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\j50.log": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\wins.mdb": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

File "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\winstmp.mdb": can't read, error -1020 (sharing violation)

Folder Selection "Starts With"

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins

C:\WINDOWS\system32\LServer

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\

Unfortunately this doesn't tell us enough about how the selector is written. Maybe include a screenshot of the selector for us to review? Are you using And conditions or Or conditions, are you doing this under include or exclude