Error -1101 (Can't access Backup Set) when run from script

sjf

I seem to be having a problem where periodically any scripts run overnight fail with error -1101 "Can't access Backup Set". The curious thing is that the next morning, when I see this error, if I start up the script manually, it works perfectly. I am running 7.5.508 with Driver Update and Hot Fix Version 7.5.13.100.

The backup sets (and Catalogs) are stored on NAS storage. "Automatic Logon" is set up to access the NAS drive.

Any help making these scripts work correctly would be appreciated.

sjf

I suspect a permissions issue, too. But if that's the problem, how come it works sometimes, and always works when manually triggered? Also, what is the problem with storing the catalog on the NAS? Storing the Catalog on the local drive seems reckless, since losing the local drive would then require the catalogs to be re-created (which takes HOURS and HOURS). Seems logical to store the Catalogs with the backups.

Hmmm, when I try to set the preferences to run as the specified user, I get "Can't grant necessary user privileges."

I am setting the user and password to that required to access the NAS, (which actually are the same for the user account on the retrospect machine) and have tried various entries for "Log on to:" such as "nas", "nas.controlsoft.com" and "nas.controlsoft.com\public". All respond the same.