Exchange error: byte count 1261 exceeds maximum of 1024

Hello Mayoff,

i'm sorry for my short answer.

Here my problem (I hope my english is good enough):

Retrospect Version 7.0.344 Multi Server NFR with the Retrospect-Update, Version 7.0.12.105.

Retrospect is runnig on an Windows 2003 Server, our MS Exchange Server 2003 is running on another server. When retrospect backup certain mailboxes we get these 2 error messages:

T-2.067: PtSend: cmd MbrF/msg RdBg: byte count 1261 exceeds maximum of 1024

Trouble rreading files, error -523 (service transaction error)

and

T-2.067: PtSend: cmd MbrF/msg RdBg: byte count 1267 exceeds maximum of 1024

Trouble rreading files, error -523 (service transaction error)

In the past we've never had this problem. Another problem is, that one of the mailboxes is from my boss. :eyes:

Do you have any idea?

Thanks

I have never seen this error message before. You can start by unlicensing exchange from Configure>volumes. You just right click on Exchange and go to Licensing. You then Release the Database license. You should then add the license back into Retrospect.

Make sure permissions are configured correctly too:

http://kb.dantz.com/article.asp?article=9633&p=2

It sounds like a problem with a specific mailbox, like a corrupt message or a damaged attachment. You may want to call tech support so we can spend time directly working with you on this specific error message. If needed we can gather debug logging that could say more about the cause for the error.

I do see you are running 7.0. The exchange error codes are not very good in this version and you may find much better success with a newer version of Retrospect. You can download a trial to see if the error changes or stops.

• 3 weeks later...