0 restore points available

rmccallu

Hi,

Following a re-image of my business laptop last summer, and a re-install of Retrospect ExpressHD, the program opens with the message:

Updating status...

0 restore points available

The Restore, and Automatic Backup On and Off buttons are greyed out. Clicking Setup (which is not greyed) does nothing.

So I can't restore or delete any restore points (there is one), and I can't initiate a new backup.

I can browse the drive (Maxtor OneTouch II) with Windows Explorer and I can see the one restore point.

A number of other posts on this subject have suggesting either removing Retrospect (using Add/Remove Programs) and reinstalling it, or deleting the RestorePoint.rbc file on the drive. I've tried both of these but neither makes any difference.

Can anybody suggest why this might be happening?

Regards,

Rob.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm having a similar problem with my Maxtor One Touch II. I downloaded and installed the Retrospect HD 1.1 update from Seagate, and when I hooked up the external hard drive got the unlicensed message. I reinstalled the Retrospect software with the CD that came with the hard drive and then installed the 1.1 update.

Now it says 0 restore points available, updating status. I too see that there is a restore point using windows explorer. I let this run all night, but in the morning it still said updating status. Is this just a really long process I need to wait 12 hours for? I recently upgraded to Windows 7.