Exchange 2007 Support Update

valas

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wrong. The last mailbox is processing correctly. This is the log from the last attempt. Does Retrospect now report a backup session as incomplete if it has problems with any of the mailboxes? I seem to remember it used to report "Completed with errors" or something like that.

-

2/21/2008 11:13:34 AM: Verifying EXCHANGE

2/21/2008 11:38:45 AM: Execution completed successfully

Completed: 7206 files, 83.2 GB

Performance: 3492.4 MB/minute

Duration: 00:25:11 (00:00:48 idle/loading/preparing)

2/21/2008 11:38:47 AM: Execution incomplete

Total duration: 02:05:58 (00:41:49 idle/loading/preparing)

After installing the Exchange 2007 update/Microsoft components on Exchange 2007 server and using appropiate permissions. I see the installation was successful via event log. However when I try to connect to the Exchange server via Retrospect server using the log in as it brings up a never ending hourglass and locks up Retrospect. Only way out is to end the process. When I check the event viewer on the Exchange server I receive the following errors

Event Type: Error

Event Source: SideBySide

Event Category: None

Event ID: 59

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files (x86)\Retrospect\Retrospect Client\retroex2k7.exe. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

and

Event ID: 59

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

and

Event ID: 32

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

We've tried removing/installing multiple times. This Dell W2K3 R2 server only has Dell Open Management, Exchange 2007, Sunbelt Ninja, and APC UPS software installed

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response.

Retrospect Multiserver 7.5.508 hotfix 7.5.13.100

Created domain user account, member of domain admin, backup operator, local admin on Exchange and Retrospect backup server mailbox-sent/received e-mail

I'm going to look at links you provided right now.

Thanks

Removed APC, restarted no good

Removed Retrospect 7.5.116 client, and Exchange 2007 support "redris 64" restarted and installed both again, restarted still hangs

I missed it initially but I removed the Symantec ghost client, restarted still throws side by side errors

What else could I try?

Thanks Mayoff, Sorry never thought of it but I should have mentioned earlier I contacted support Wed and they are looking into the issue as well. As of yesterday they had no suggestions left but it was high on priority. Most of the time when I have an issue I check out this forum and can find a solution or at least some guidance thanks to the great support so I thought I should bring it up and see if anyone else was experiencing or had some ideas. Thanks again. :-)

I wanted to rule out the backup server so I also installed latest version Retrospect 7.5 MS on another server and still experience the same issue so it's definitely an issue with Exchange server side by side errors. Don't have another server to run Exchange on so i can't test that.

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed the Visual C++ on my Exchange 2007 server as you recommended. I am using the most recent version of Retrospect with most recent updates. When trying to license my Exchange Server with my available license I get an [color:purple]Assertion failure at "elem.cpp-986"[/color] error. An recommendations on fixing this error?

Thanks!

Which C++ version did you use? Originally .508 came with a link to the wrong C++ redistributable. You should be running the SP1 version linked above at http://forums.dantz.com/showpost.php?post/101406/

As a test, go to documents and settings/all users/application data/Retrospect and remove the config75.dat file. We want Retrospect to create a new file on the next launch to see if this file is corrupted. You can always put the file back if you still have trouble.

If the problem keeps happening post the assert_log.utx file as an attachment to the thread and I will have an engineer review it.

Detailed info about your exchange server (system versions, service packs, etc) will be helpful too.

What happens with

As a test, go to documents and settings/all users/application data/Retrospect and remove the config75.dat file. We want Retrospect to create a new file on the next launch to see if this file is corrupted. You can always put the file back if you still have trouble.

I increased the attachment size allowed. Try again.