2 Disk Drive Rotation Scheme

DWitteried

I have been using Retrospect for several years and I am sure there is a better way to do disk rotation than my current scheme. Right now I have two backup sets called Disk 1 and Disk 2 (two removable HDs). At the end of each month (or so) I bring one drive from an off-site location and swap the HDs. Before swapping drives I make a disaster CD to store with the removed HD. To make my backup scripts work though, I have to edit each one to use the backup set for the newly inserted HD. My goal is to have a fully intact backup set on the off-site HD so in the event of a disaster (fire, theft, etc.) I can recover everything up to the point that the HD was removed. I want to avoid using recycling the backup set if possible as it takes MANY hours to do a full network backup (my desktop, wife’s laptop, and NAS) after doing that. Any suggestions from somebody that really knows how Retrospect works? I don't want to take any chances with my data.

Thanks,

David