Hi,

i am new here. my english isn´t that great. i still work with the classic macOS. Furthermore i work with a german version of retrospect. Seems pretty hard for me to explain the prob. but i give it a try....... hope someone can help a backup noob.

since 1 year we got a new backupsystem on our datacomp. I didn´t installed it so it just happen to work. NOW, from time to time the error 24201 appears telling me to repair the catalogue structure. I tried that several times but it never got solved. Now the main prob is that it expects the cartridge called backup-Set6 but the set in use is still backup-Set4. So now when i want to end the program it says it isn´t prepared....

I do not check the numbers behind the carts. What makes retrospect think that the cartridge-name changed.... We used 3 three cassettes to backup all data once. After that we only used one cartridge to backup only the data that got changed. And all of a sudden it says that it expects a different name of the cart? How is it possible to tell this programm that number 5 and 6 do not exist....

hope you can guess what i mean crazy.gif