Express 5.0 & LaCie CDRW

Hi all

I just got a LaCie Firewire CDR/CDRW (32, 12, 40)model DCDSW32-NIU which uses the MITSUMO CR-48ATE mechanism, Firmware 1.0E.

I tried to install it with Retrospect Express 4.2 & DU 1.9 under MacOS 9.1 without success.

Retrospect will not see the device - Toast 5.0.2 LE does.

So we quickly upgraded to Retrospect Express 5.0 and also to MacOS 9.2.2 in the hope that this will cure the problem. The Finder now politely asks if if may prepare the media inserted (Authoring support) which we re-negg. Retrospect Express 5.0 will not see the burner either.

I understand the burner supports packet-burning so that shouldnt be a problem either.

We did make sure we had the option to return the device to the dealer if it doesnt work at all, I know its not explicitly supported in the list of devices, but the distributor also pointed out that Dantz normally only gets around to certifying a device for Retrospect when the burner has reached its end of life and is no longer sold.

Any last pieces of advice before I send the burner back and try to order another brand?

TIA

Toby Port