No autolaunch w/5.0

I'm trying to help out a friend who just upgraded to RE 5.0. For some reasons, the app isn't auto-launching at the scheduled backup time; instead the Apple menu starts blinking with the Retrospect icon. If one manually launches the app, the backup script then begins to execute. I've tried deleting the startup extension and having the app create a new one but this did not solve the problem. This is running on a G3 w/ 9.2.2. Ideas?

bk

Try throwing away the Retro.Startup file then restart the Macintosh and start Retrospect. Click Preferences from the Retrospect Directory’s Special tab. Make sure the Schedule (in the Schedule options category) allows execution during the scheduled time and verify the Notification preferences Autolaunch Retrospect and Show Apple Menu Icon are turned on. Then schedule a script to run a few minutes in the future, quit Retrospect, and restart the Macintosh again. At the script’s scheduled time, the Macintosh should display a flashing Retrospect icon over the Apple menu icon. Within a few moments, Retrospect should start and run the script.

I had tried that but it didn't solve the problem. It gets as far as the flashing Retrospect icon in the Apple menu but Retrospect never launches. If I manually launch Retrospect at that point, the backup will begin. It's as if it's having problems launching the application.

Thanx, Bela

Do you have multiple user mode on?

Multiple Users Prevents Autolaunch : Mac OS 9's Multiple Users prevents Retrospect from launching automatically to execute its scheduled scripts. Before you leave the backup Macintosh, start Retrospect manually from within Multiple Users. This allows Retrospect to run scripts as scheduled.